Thursday, October 8, 2015

Lunches and Backpacks

With twin first-grade girls, going through the backpacks, folders and end of the day lunch boxes is an effort. As soon as I get home from work and take off my shoes, I tear through the backpacks tossing barrettes, ponytail holders and headbands in one pile; creating another stack for papers to keep, forms to fill out and worksheets to toss .... Oh, and, I also dig in every corner of every section of the backpack to find rocks, crayons and other very important knick knacks.

And this is done at a speed that I can only compare to a pit crew or a parent running their potty training child to the bathroom after an 'I need to go' announcement. Because, if I don't get the papers tossed and special rocks out away before the girls pay attention, I'm then holding on to things we do not need.

I fill out forms while cleaning out lunch boxes. I start packing lunches -- juice boxes, chips, fruit bars, shelf stable stuff -- while working on dinner prep.

Yep, it's a whirlwind of activity. But, when it is done. It is done. Yeah, done.

Then that means .... A fourth part later on in the evening. A bit of a crazy fury, yet, it is our way.

Selfishly, my way because my end ... which requires some means that looks like a tornado .... is my end.




No comments:

Post a Comment