Saturday, February 25, 2017

Baylor Basketball and Curbside to You

What do you do on a Saturday that has no activities on the calendar? And, you are tired from a long work week that started after a three-day weekend in Nashville with friends?

You don't go to the grocery store.

Nah, you order from home and then pick up at a scheduled time. I feel as if I've written about this before because I talk about it all the time. It is amazing. It is life changing. It is the sweet precious miracle for which I have prayed.

I. Do. Not. Have. To. Go. To. HEB. Ever. Again.

(And, it is free the first four times.)

(Yes, you save money and you don't have to pay for the service. You also don't tip.)

(And, the app holds on to your previous orders so you don't have to make a list.)

(Savings all around.)

Curbside To You is one of the greatest inventions I've ever experienced. Adding in that you can buy sliced bread (you know the greatest thing since kind of statement) from it makes it even more a gift.

OK, so we went to Trader Joe's anyway. I needed wine and we needed some Trader Joe-only things such as sparkling lime water, personal cheese pizzas, almond milk and yogurt. That doesn't add up to $50 but somehow other things made their way into my child-sized cart. Caroline helped me shop, while Camille stayed at home. That meant, Caroline had a nice 'example' snack while I sampled a couple of wines. Nice Saturday.

That all came to a halt when we got home and G announced, 'Baylor is on TV.' When I asked the score, he replied 'tied up' at halftime.

And, because I cannot keep my eyes off a potential train wreck, I had to watch the game. Why oh why did I do that?

I know. I'm forever hopeful that this is our year. I'm forever a believer that we will win or continue winning during a season. I'm forever the one who has Baylor winning it all.

As a result, I'm forever crushed.

We were winning and then I started to watch. Then, we started to lose. Then, we turned it over a few times at critical times. Then, we couldn't get a rebound. Then, we lost.

Even with a late run, I knew it was not going to turn out as I hoped. This team. What would it be like to be a fan of a consistent team -- one that wins consistently, not one that consistently wreaks havoc on your heart and soul.

It's time again to buy football season tickets so I looked at the 2017 schedule and thought to myself, there are quite a few games we can make. We can even maybe spend a weekend or two in Waco instead of just driving up and back on game day. And, we play some big games at home so we have that home field advantage. We have a great new coach and recruited well. (I didn't look closely at the ticket prices. I'm assuming they are staying the same).

Look at that hope reaching up. Feel that surge of positivity. Every year. Every season. I'm forever hopeful that this is our year. I'm forever a believer that we will win or continue winning during a season. I'm forever the one who has Baylor winning it all.

Where did I just write that or read that? Oh, yeah, a few paragraphs above. I followed it with something terribly pessimistic. I won't write that yet because the football season is just dates on a piece of pretty green and gold paper . . .

Ah, Curbside to You is calling. That's a place to put your hopes and dreams. That's something to believe in.

That's some kind of fourth part gift.




No comments:

Post a Comment