Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Holidays and Family Fun Night

If you decide to go back to bed until, let's say 11 a.m. or so, after you work up at 6:30 a.m. to get everyone out the door because you had a holiday and there was school today, you lose out on a fourth part. You kinda took it when you sleep until 11 a.m.!

It was pure pleasure and sweet joy to sleep in that late. I mean, I had my morning coffee at noon.

Once I rolled out of bed, took my shower and then ran the two lame errands I had (returns to a couple of stores with no purchases made), I got home and discovered I had a few minutes until I had to go pick the girls up from school. Yes, I gave the sitter the day off. So benevolent am I on this federal,holiday honoring veterans -- thanks Granddad!

Then, I remembered, there was one more square in the homework tic tac toe (which naming homework after a game does. It make it fun) and we had tap and we had Family Fun Night at school.

Fourth part was really not happening at this point.

Scooped the girls up from school, knocked out the 15 minutes of reading for each and then pushed through the four-sentence essays the girls had to write for the third and final square to make three in a row. Some down time before we wrestled into tights and tap gear to head across town for class. Oh, my downtime was going through backpacks and packing lunch boxes. Yeah, real down time. And, I did get two quick workouts in .... such fun.

But the night wasn't over when we all skipped out of tap class. We had Family Fun Night. On a school night. And it lasted until 8 p.m.

Thankfully, there were food trucks so dinner was served for about $20. A cheeseburger and chicken tenders ... going to a good cause, right?

I started thinking through the activities we needed to get through before bedtime, which didn't include a bath, when the girls spotted the face painting and hair painting booths. Those were free. Yeah, no reason to say no.

Now, we need to add in baths plus washing hair. Fourth part is really gone.

Lesson learned. Sleep until maybe 10 a.m. Figure out how to have dinner before tap. Maneuver through the Family Fun Night halls and avoid hair painting, did I mention that included glitter, booths.

Oh well. The bathtub has glitter and my girls ate cupcakes at 8:30 p.m. G went with us to the school event which made us all very happy. I'm figuring out how to watch Nashville while finishing some chores. Kind of a fourth part on a family fun night that took place on a day I wore shorts and very little make up.

Maybe I had a fourth part all day today.


No comments:

Post a Comment